MEET APRIL’S MEMBER SPOTLIGHT – Michael Hartman, Sports Chair
Michael Hartman is a Financial Advisor at 1847Financial in Shillington, PA with a Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designation. When asked about some of his achievements (he started with a tear-jerker) “Marrying my wife and best friend Alicia Hartman and proud fur-parents to our dog Lilly and cat Tunie.” Mike has been to 13 MLB stadiums (and counting).
Mike joined GRYP shortly after graduating college in 2010. He joined to get more involved in the local community and to network with fellow like-minded young professionals in the area. His GRYP involvement includes serving as the Sports Committee Chair and a member of the board of directors. Mike loves to stay active and participates in GRYP’s volleyball and football leagues or playing pick-up basketball at Body Zone with co-workers and/or friends. He also enjoys attending the monthly Happy Hours and Third Thursday events.
Living in the Greater Reading area, he and his wife like to take advantage of the lovely terrain by hiking and taking walks with their dog. Or you can find him mountain biking with friends around the Blue Marsh area. They are both big “foodies” and enjoy going to all the local restaurants.
His take on being a young professional in the Greater Reading area:
“I think it’s a really exciting time to be a young professional in the Greater Reading area. The network of talented, hard-working, and community oriented young people in organizations such as GRYP speaks volumes to the bright future I think the Greater Reading area can expect to have.”
Leadership & other community activities:
- Greater Berks Food Bank (includes office Thanksgiving Canned food drive) -Volunteer
- New Journey Community Outreach (Socktoberfest- a sock drive held in October at 1847Financial) -Volunteer
- Salvation Army – Angel Tree gift program at Christmas-Office Organizer
- Emerging Leaders United – Individual Membership Chair
- United Way (Big Cheese and Day of Caring)- -Volunteer
- YMCA Plunge for Kids- Participant
- Humane Society Walk for the Animals- Participant
- Big Brother Big Sister Bowl 4 Kids- Participant
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation 5k – Participant
Tips to other young professionals:
“Surround yourself with great people. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when a group of people are all working towards a common goal, and you have a support system in place (professionally and personally) to get you through the tough times!”